Friday 26 February 2010

Henrietta Ludgate - Enchanted ethics



Henrietta Ludgate AW10
Image: Re-Design for Life

I mentioned in an earlier post that I was looking forward to Henrietta Ludgate's new collection. I was also very excited to be invited to her presentation and party on Tuesday evening. Unfortunately, for reasons too boring to go into, I couldn't make it to her presentation. Fortunately, my impatience to see her collection got the better of me so I'd taken a peek at the Estethica exhibition. And I'm glad I did.

Henrietta has once again created elegantly crafted pieces for Autumn Winter 2010. Her distinctive sculptural silhouettes have been used in a collection inspired by enchanted forests at dusk and legendary tales of Brahan Seer - the oracle from the Black Isle. Modern abstract prints - in a palette of deep smoke greys with a flash of silver - capture the mood. A double-faced wool coat dress - skillfully crafted with a high quality finish - was the statement piece.

All pieces in Henrietta's collection are produced locally in the Scottish Highlands using organic and natural fabrics including Pure Scottish wool and superfine Yorkshire wool jersey.

Henrietta has created a sustainable, sophisticated collection with a modern edge.


Henrietta Ludgate AW10
Image: Tom Chambers

Henrietta Ludgate AW10
Image: Tom Chambers