Wednesday 17 June 2009

Take One Vintage Playsuit...

Inspired by the predicted heat-wave we are going to experience this summer, I bought this Bill Blass cotton playsuit from Sam Greenberg Vintage. It looks a little sad and dare I say frumpy in it's current state. All it needs is a bit of re-styling to make it look loved again...

I've rolled back the legs for this season's silhouette - see Marc by Marc Jacobs SS09. Added a printed scarf around the neck - scarves continue to be on trend this summer. Last year's Marc Jacob's white sunglasses are still looking up-to-date for this summer.

Keeping the legs rolled back, I've removed the shoulder epaulettes and concealed pocket flap buttons. I've created an Obi inspired waist detail using a printed cotton fabric remnant and held it in place with my white 80's belt. For a finishing touch, I've added a gilt tiger's head necklace, which links with the belt buckle.

Keep those legs rolled back! I've tied a printed silk scarf around the waist and accessorised with my colourful Maasi beaded bangles, bought in Tanzania a couple of years back.