Sunday 13 September 2009

Cozy Cocktails Courtesy of DKNY


This post is late. I'd like to think of it as 'Fashionably' late. Rewind to Thursday 10th. New York Fashion Week kicked off. And, so did Fashion's Big Night Out. An event organised by Vogue to get everyone spending crazily on fashion again. I found myself, courtesy of my other half, at the DKNY event on Bond Street. As we entered the store, there was a real buzz as excitable fashionistas sipped on their complimentary DKNY Champagne. It was at this point that I realised my outfit - an oversized chambray shirt worn as a dress with a vintage biker jacket - could be perceived as not making an effort for this occasion. And this turned out to be quite an occasion.

Vogue's Emma Elwick demonstrated the many ways to wear a DKNY cozy - an item of clothing that can be twisted, wrapped, tied in a multitude of ways to create different looks. Beautiful DKNY sales consultants sashayed through the store modelling said cozy to great effect. The model Alice Delall hung out by the DJ decks looking far too cool. DJ Tolulu cranked up the volume, the store lights were dimmed and signature Bungalow 8 cocktails flowed all too easily. As Whitney belted out why she wanted to dance with somebody, I knocked back my fourth- or was it fifth- cocktail, almost forgetting I was in a clothes store.

So yes. The clothes? I don't think the entire new collection was instore. As soon as it is I'll pop back in and let you know what I think.